Are you looking for a quick and easy breakfast for busy mornings or a healthy sweet treat to pack with lunches? Look no further! Today I am sharing one of my family’s all-time favorite muffin recipes with you.
Not only are these muffins loaded with protein (8 eggs per dozen!), but they are grain-free and gluten-free to boot. They also have a secret ingredient…Collagen! If you know me well, you know I add collagen to a lot of my recipes.
Why? Here are some of the benefits:
- Promotes youthful skin, healthier hair, and stronger nails
- Helps keeps bones healthy and strong, aids in joint health
- Contributes to a balanced diet and to help maintain weight
- Soluble in cold liquids
The folks over at Vital Proteins were kind enough to send me a sample of their Collagen Peptides to test out. I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks now and find that it works especially well in smoothies and baked goods.
I’ve been sharing all of my new creations over on Instagram and having a blast interacting with other people as passionate about good food as me!
All of these include collagen:
I haven’t posted recipes for all of the smoothies yet, but I did post the Pina Colada smoothie recipe the other day! The pancakes pictured are Fried Oatmeal made with Sprouted Oat and Chia Breakfast Porridge. The muffins are Grain-Free Banana Bread Muffins glazed with Honey Coconut Glaze (just sub honey for maple syrup in the maple coconut glaze I use for stovetop donuts!)
And now for the recipe…
- 8 eggs
- 1 c sweet potato or pumpkin puree
- ¼ c honey, maple syrup, or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ c coconut flour
- ¼ c collagen peptides
- ¼ c coconut oil, melted
- ½ c chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life or chop up Honey-Sweetened Dark Chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put everything except the coconut oil and chocolate chips in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Stream in coconut oil.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes.
What’s your favorite go-to quick breakfast for busy mornings? Let me know in the comments!