If you ever end up with left-over oatmeal, I highly recommend making it into fried oatmeal the next day.
For mine, I use my favorite Sprouted Oat & Chia Breakfast Porridge, which is really hearty and full of nutrient-dense ingredients. We typically have at least a cup left over, so I fry it the next morning and the kids LOVE it.
It is so simple that it hardly requires a recipe, but I’ll give you the basics so you can try it at home!
- Add the egg, vanilla, and cinnamon to your bowl of oatmeal and mix thoroughly.
- Heat up your pan and add coconut oil or butter.
- Use a portion scoop to drop even sized amounts of batter in your pan. (My scoop is 3 tbsp and my 12″ skillet fits 3 pancakes at a time).
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with butter and raw honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar, or jam!